Humphreys Peak, Flagstaff, AZ

Humphreys Peak, Flagstaff, AZ
Base meadow at Humphrey's Peak

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hike #40 - Constitution Trail, Bloomington, IL




My home town is Bloomington, IL so during my visit with family over the 4th of July I hiked The Constitution Trail.  My cousin Patty Wilson joined me, taking me to the prettiest part of the trail, also the most shady since it was a hot muggy day on July 4th, 2012.  The trail covers 24 miles through the cities of both Bloomington and Normal, Illinois.  The path is in the place where the Illinois Central Gulf Railroad had been but was abandoned.  There are signs along the way that cover key portions of the Constitution and how they aply to our daily lives.  These include: The Preamble, The Bill of Rights, Article One, Article Two, Article Three, Article Five.

No comments:

Post a Comment