Humphreys Peak, Flagstaff, AZ

Humphreys Peak, Flagstaff, AZ
Base meadow at Humphrey's Peak

Sunday, January 1, 2012

HIke #11 - South Mountain National - Mormon Loop Trail Phoenix, AZ




















On one of my last vacation days, December 29, 2011, I hiked this 6 mile loop trail with my friend Paul. South Mountain Park is 17,000 acres and is reputed to be the largest municipal park in the world. There were several people mountain biking as well as many hikers. I especially liked the views in all directions. We passed many interesting rock formations like fat mans pass.

1 comment:

  1. Fortunately I carry a can of WD-40 lubricant when I hike. After spraying Lisa liberaly with this slippery silicon she was able to squeeze thru Fat Man's pass.
    -Experienced hiking guide,dance dozen, and llife coach,
    -Paul

    ReplyDelete